Eastern U.S. Based Utility
Streamlining the permit process helped our client exceed their SAIFI goals.
An Eastern U.S. based investor-owned utility was looking for a proactive solution to overcome the challenges of meeting monthly performance goals. Their work planning team was routinely slowed down by lengthy permit approval timeframes, heavily regulated programs, and concerned property owners.
Davey Resource Group created a customized permitting strategy. This included a specialized team to proactively handle permits and work with stakeholders.
- Organization. A single point of contact between DRG and the permit approval agency coupled with a detailed work plan streamlined the permitting process, improving efficiency.
- Advocacy. Municipalities, regulatory agencies, and property owners responded positively to working with a client representative who was focused on their interests, and understood their concerns.
- Speed. Once DRG overcame the permit challenges that had been impacting production, the line clearance contractor had ample time to prepare for upcoming work. The contractor is provided next month’s package of permits and GIS maps and work planning became streamlined and swift.
- The relationships between the utility and permit officials improved due to the streamlined permit approval process.
- The work planning team is consistently outpacing crews contracted to do the work on the utility’s feeder miles, which in turn allows it to meet production goals.
- Our client exceeded their year-to-date SAIFI goal, which eased regulatory requirements from the District of Columbia Public Service Commission.