Ft. Sheridan Ravine & Coastal Restoration
Davey Resource Group performed shoreline stabilization, habitat restoration and native planting along 1.5 miles of Lake Michigan shoreline.
In September 2015, Davey Resource Group (DRG), as a subcontractor to John Keno and Company, was awarded the Ft. Sheridan Ravine and Coastal Restoration project in Highland Park, Illinois by the Chicago District of the United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE).
In collaboration with Openlands, Lake Forest Open Lands Association, and Lake County Forest Preserve District, DRG will perform ecological work along 1.5 miles of the Lake Michigan shoreline and within the McCormick/Jane, Hutchinson, Scott Bartlett, and Schenck Ravines.
DRG involvement on the project includes:
- selective tree and shrub removal
- bluff habitat stabilization with the appropriate native vegetation
- removal of non-native and invasive species
- restoration of aquatic, ravine, dune, and beach habitats
- planting appropriate native seeds, plugs, and shrubs specific to the area and habitat stewardship