There is no higher priority for our company than the safety of our employees, clients and the communities we serve. In that spirit, we continue to monitor the evolving situation with COVID-19 and develop safety protocols that adhere to official safety guidelines.
To keep you informed, we wanted to share the steps we have taken in order to continue to ensure the health and safety of those in our care. Davey’s COVID-19 Action Team was activated as part of our Pandemic Preparedness Plan. The Action Team is monitoring and assessing these procedures on a rolling monthly basis:
- We are communicating with clients directly regarding new safety protocols and are complying with all social distancing, face covering and other COVID-19 safety practices.
- We are communicating frequently with all employees on this topic, providing them with guidelines issued by health authorities and links to the latest CDC information. We have issued formal guidance on face coverings, cleaning and disinfecting, social distancing and hand sanitation, among other COVID-19 related topics.
- We have suspended non-essential travel, company meetings of more than 10 people and attendance at trade shows and conferences.
- We have suspended non-essential in-person vendor or visitor meetings at all Davey locations.
- In the spirit of social distancing, we have instituted remote work for all employees where operationally possible. When not possible, we have instituted health screening policies at all locations.
- We have developed a corporate program to provide employees with additional compensated time off should they become sick or quarantined with COVID-19 or need to care for infected or quarantined family members.
- We have created an Employee Relief COVID-19 Program to provide financial assistance to employees with qualified COVID-19 related expenses.
If you have questions about Davey’s COVID-19 safety protocols or response, please contact your Davey representative or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Davey provides essential services for maintaining electric infrastructure, providing storm clean-up and disaster response services, and ensuring public safety through tree risk assessment and maintenance, and invasive species and injurious pest mitigation. Read more about tree care as an essential service.
Keeping Our Clients Informed: Watch the original message from our CEO Pat Covey.