Dear Valued Client,
There is no higher priority for our company than the safety of our employees, clients and the communities we serve.
Like most organizations, we have been closely monitoring the evolving situation with COVID-19 and its potential safety impacts. To keep you informed, we wanted to share the steps we have taken in order to ensure the health and safety of those in our care:
- Davey provides essential services for maintaining electric infrastructure, providing storm clean-up and disaster response services, and ensuring public safety through tree risk assessment and maintenance, and invasive species and injurious pest mitigation. Read more about tree care as an essential service.
- We have activated Davey’s Pandemic Preparedness Plan. The Plan provides for preparedness coordination through our COVID-19 Action Team, employee and client communication, infection control measures, and business continuity planning. This includes implementing Davey best practices developed in other emergency response situations such as severe weather events, invasive pest infestations, etc. Davey’s COVID-19 Action Team is meeting frequently to assess and address the situation.
- We are actively monitoring developments and following the guidance from local authorities, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and other relevant government agencies and health experts.
- We are communicating frequently with all employees on this topic, providing them with guidelines issued by health authorities and links to the latest CDC information. We will continue to inform and update employees as the situation evolves.
In addition, we have taken the following corporate actions at this time:
- We have suspended air travel, company meetings of more than 10 people and attendance at trade shows and conferences.
- We are suspending in-person vendor or visitor meetings on all Davey locations.
- In the spirit of social distancing, we have instituted mandatory remote work for all employees where operationally possible.
- We have developed a corporate program to provide employees with additional compensated time off should they become sick or quarantined with COVID-19 or need to care for infected or quarantined family members.
While we do not anticipate any service disruption and have proactively taken steps to prevent it, we believe that transparency is critical during times of uncertainty. As such, we will communicate with you immediately should circumstances change, both directly and via updates to the company website. If you have questions, please contact your Davey representative or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your trust in Davey. Since 1880, we have weathered many storms, and we are prepared to support our clients, employee-owners and the communities we serve during this outbreak.
You can access the PDF version of this letter here.