Simply one of the best industry events of the year is just around the corner and Davey is excited to be a part of it. The Annual Partners in Community Forestry Conference is hosted by the National Arbor Day Foundation and the associated events create a unique opportunity to not only learn from industry leaders but to also engage and connect with other like-minded professionals. This year the conference will be in Tulsa, OK November 15-16th. If you’ve never been, we encourage you to come and check out the program.
The theme for this year’s social media event will center around the hashtag #TreeYourCity, with a goal of getting the hashtag to trend nationally during the conference. Davey will be the social engagement sponsor for the conference, so be sure to stop by our corporate booth to have us tweet out your picture using the hashtag. At the end of the conference, Davey will be making a donation to 2-3 community forestry organizations, including local host organization Up With Trees, based on the level of activity at the booth.
Additionally, Davey will again be the sponsor of the “Toast for Trees” for the Society of Municipal Arborists.
Finally, Davey also have several experts presenting at the conference and at the partnering events, including:
- Meridith Perkins - 12 Cities, 1 Canopy Goal: Macomb County's Urban Forest Partnership
- Josh Behounek - Deconstructing Urban Forest Master Plans
- Michael Binkley - i-Tree Software Roundup
- Tina McKeand - Collaborating Early and Often: Building Multi-Department Support for Tree-Friendly Streetscape Innovations
- Mike Sultan - Regional Canopy Planning: How Partnerships Build Urban Forest Planning Synergy
- Deborah Sheeler - Deconstructing Remote Sensing Technology for UVM