Davey has provided wetland and stream mitigation site management services to CHA (formerly RW Armstrong), a prime vendor under contract with the Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT), for on-call wetland services for projects throughout Indiana since 2009. During roadway construction and improvements, adjacent wetlands, and streams are often impacted necessitating mitigation and subsequent long-term maintenance by INDOT.
Davey has conducted mitigation site management activities on over 190 acres of INDOT-owned wetland and stream mitigation sites, including:
- Herbaceous and woody invasive species control.
- Low-volume foliar applications
- High-volume foliar applications
- Basal bark treatments
- Customized native seed mix recommendations and seeding.
- No-till drill seeding
- Broadcast over-seeding
- Tree planting recommendations and planting.
- Containerized trees, bare-root trees, live stakes
- Tree shelter installation
- Application of predator repellents and moisture retention gels
- Installation of erosion control materials.
- Hydrology monitoring well installation.
- Mitigation site identification and design consultation.
- Mitigation monitoring for evaluation of successful performance standard achievements