The Davey Tree Expert Company and its subsidiaries are committed to providing a productive and conducive work environment for our employees that is free of harassment.
Since harassment is counter to the values and goals of this organization, harassment related to an employee’s race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability, military status or other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, cannot be tolerated. Any such harassment by our employees, applicants, customers or other business associates is prohibited by this policy, whether or not it also violates applicable law.
Harassment prohibited by this policy includes, but is not limited to, the following conduct:
- Unwelcome verbal conduct such as offensive sexual remarks, innuendoes or comments, sexual or ethnic jokes, racial slurs or epithets, use of offensive stereotypes, and/or other offensive verbal conduct pertaining to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, or other protected status;
- Sexual advances, propositions or requests for sexual favors;
- Unwelcome and offensive physical conduct, including touching, leering, blocking an employee’s movement, or sexual gestures;
- Unwelcome and offensive written conduct such as offensive pictures, sexually suggestive posters, drawings, cartoons, photographs or other communications, including e-mail;
- Reprisals or threatening reprisals for an employee’s unwillingness to respond to requests for sexual favors; and
- Reprisals or threatening reprisals for complaining about or for reporting a violation of this policy.
In addition to being a violation of Davey’s policy, harassment is against the law. The Davey Tree Expert Company cannot tolerate harassment of its employees by managers, supervisors, other employees, or individuals conducting business with Davey. Any employee who violates the harassment policy will be subject to immediate disciplinary action, up to and including discharge.
If, at any time, you feel you have been subjected to harassment or you learn about any other potential harassment, contact your supervisor immediately so that an investigation can be made and appropriate action taken.
If you do not feel comfortable contacting your supervisor about the matter or if you feel that the words or actions of a supervisor constitute harassment, please contact me at 800-447-1667, ext. 8381.
Davey’s policy is to investigate thoroughly and to take appropriate action to remedy incidents of harassment. In order to accomplish this, however, harassment must be brought to the attention of management. Accordingly, employees who have complaints of harassment or who are aware of incidents of harassment must bring any such conduct to management’s attention. Employees are not required to complain first to the person who is engaging in the harassment.
No employee will be subject to reprisal or retaliation for having made a good faith complaint of harassment or for having participated in an investigation into allegations of harassment.